Matcha Tea Powder
Matcha is a green tea produced from shade grown tea leaves and milled into a fine powder. It has a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet flavor with a vibrant green color and silky texture. Matcha tastes delicious as an iced tea, the traditional hot tea, and makes wonderful green tea lattes and matcha smoothies. Its enhanced flavor profile pairs perfectly with other flavors, and it is a versatile ingredient commonly used in a variety of sweets and baked good recipes, including ice cream, pies, mousse, cupcakes, shortbread cookies, and pancakes.
Ingredients: Organic Matcha Green Tea powder*. *Fair Trade Certified™
Directions: Matcha Tea is traditionally prepared in a matcha bowl, using both a bamboo spoon and whisk. Traditional instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.
We have a 7 gram minimum (1/4 ounce) and a 112 gram maximum (4 ounces) on bulk herb purchases.
PLEASE READ before ordering bulk herbs online
We sell our bulk herbs by the gram, which is a VERY SMALL unit of measurement. This is why we require a minimum of 7 grams. If you are used to ordering herbs in ounces, 1 ounce is approximately 28 grams. Our herbs are packaged in paper bags and we recommend that you transfer them to a glass jar upon receiving for optimal shelf-life. Below is a volume estimate to assist you when purchasing bulk herbs online. Please note that these are approximations to help guide you and NOT exact measurements. The volume will vary depending on the weight of each individual herb.
-7 grams of a heavy herb (like roots, berries or herbal powders) is approximately 1 TBSP.
-7 grams of a leafy herb (like raspberry leaf & mugwort) is approximately 3 TBSP.
-7 grams of a light flower (like chamomile & jasmine) is approximately 4 TBSP.