Medicinal Salves & Balms Workshop (free with Maker's Kit purchase)
Soothe - Relieve - Repair
Learn how to make oil-based topicals that pack a plant-powered punch!
Herbal salves and balms are foundational topical preparations for any herbal medicine maker. These semi-solid remedies use a combination of herbal oils and natural waxes or butters to create potent, shelf-stable products that can be used to soothe and hydrate the skin, promote tissue repair and wound healing, reduce pain, and more.
- What are salves & balms? And what’s the difference!
- How to make medicinal salves & balms from start to finish
- How to make a potent infused oil using medicinal herbs (tip: get started here for FREE - link)
- How to properly dilute essential oils for safe topical application
- Specific actions and indications for a variety of herbs and essential oils to promote skin repair, pain relief, relaxation, and more
- Lifetime access to this recorded workshop via Thinkific
- A PDF of the complete notes from this workshop, including step-by-step instructions and several salve & balm recipes to explore
- A PDF Ingredients Glossary detailing sources, actions, indications and common uses of all of the medicinal herbs, essential oils, butters, waxes, and oils used in this workshop
You’ll Make (with the Medicinal Salves & Balms Maker’s Kit):
- Skin Repair Balm, two 1oz tins
- Icy Hot Salve, two 1oz tins
- Medicinal Salves & Balms Maker’s Kit (link)
- Two 8oz (half pint) mason jars
- Mortar & pestle or another tool to grind herbs
- Small saucepan or stock pot and access to your stovetop
- Crock Pot
- Measuring spoons or kitchen scale (that measures in grams)
Please note: If you want to make medicinal salves & balms during this class, you’ll need to purchase a Medicinal Salves & Balms Maker’s Kit. It contains all of the ingredients and containers you’ll need for this workshop and nearly all of the tools too! You can absolutely take this workshop without purchasing a Maker’s Kit. Maybe you’re the kind of learner who wants to absorb information first and put it into practice later. That’s cool! You can always grab a Maker’s Kit separately whenever you’re ready to get mixin’.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FREE WITH PURCHASE OF a Medicinal Salves & Balms Maker’s Kit. Discount will be automatically applied at checkout.