Lotions & Creams Workshop
Moisturize - Revitalize - Luxuriate
Learn how to make your own decadent lotions & creams with a short ingredient list and long-lasting benefits.
Our small-batch, handmade lotions and creams are among our best selling products at the Little Herbal Apothecary. Over the years, we’ve dialed in recipes that our customers love; we know you’ll love them, too. A short ingredients list for this *water-based preparation means you can feel good about what you put on your body’s largest organ - your skin!
- What are lotions & creams? And what’s the difference!
- In-depth step-by-step process for making lotions & creams using our Master Recipes (bonus: these can serve as a blueprint for your own lotion & cream formulas in the future)
- Discover and demystify unique ingredients that are essential components of lotions & creams: preservatives, antioxidants, emulsifiers, and humectants
- Uses and benefits of different carrier oils and botanical butters
- Lifetime access to this recorded workshop via Thinkific
- A PDF of the complete notes from this workshop, including step-by-step instructions, and some amazing lotion & cream recipes to explore
- A PDF Ingredients Glossary detailing sources and specific uses for all of the carrier oils and butters, hydrosols, humectants, emulsifying agents, preservatives, and antioxidants used in these recipes
You’ll Make (with Lotions & Creams Maker’s Kit):
- Grapefruit Lavender Body Lotion, one 4oz jar
- Revitalizing Face Cream, one 4oz jar
- Lotions & Creams Maker’s Kit (link)
- Distilled water
- Immersion blender / Small handheld blender / Milk frother
- Stock pot and access to your stovetop
- Kitchen scale (measures in grams)
- Isopropyl alcohol for sterilizing tools
Please note: If you want to make lotions & creams during this workshop, you’ll need to purchase a Lotions & Creams Maker’s Kit. It contains all of the ingredients and containers you’ll need for this workshop, and nearly all of the tools, too! You can absolutely take this workshop without purchasing a Maker’s Kit. Maybe you’re the kind of learner who wants to absorb information first, and put it into practice later. That’s cool! You can always grab a Maker’s Kit separately whenever you’re ready to get mixin’.
*This workshop focuses on water-based preparations for external use. Want to learn all about oil-based preparations like body butters & solid lotion bars? Try our Body Butters & Lotion Bars Workshop!