Botanical Lip Care Workshop
Refresh - Soften - Adorn
Learn how to make your own products for a multi-step lip care protocol that leaves you scrubbed, smooth, and shining.
You’ll never grab a tube of lip balm in line at check out again! Learn how to make your own lip scrub, lip balm and lip gloss using simple, nourishing ingredients. And explore the world of botanical cosmetics as we use herbs, micas and oxides to create natural pigments for the lips. These products make perfect gifts.
- What are lip scrubs, balms and glosses? What makes them different?
- The benefits and uses of different oils, waxes, and humectants for lip care
- How to incorporate skin-soothing herbs into your lip care preparations
- How to use natural pigments to add color, depth, and drama to your lip products
- Lifetime access to this recorded workshop via Thinkific
- A PDF of the complete notes from this workshop, including step-by-step instructions, and some tried-and-true scrub, balm, and gloss recipes to explore
- A PDF Ingredients Glossary detailing sources and specific uses for all of the ingredients used in these recipes, including the botanicals, carrier oils, butters, pigments and more
You’ll Make (with Botanical Lip Care Maker’s Kit):
- Silky Smooth Lip Scrub, 1oz jar
- Creamy Herbal Lip Balm, two recyclable kraft tubes
- Luscious Lip Gloss, two ½ oz tins
- Botanical Lip Care Maker’s Kit (link)
- Access to your stovetop
- Small saucepan
- Small bowl & spoons (for mixing pigments)
- Kitchen scale (measures in grams) OR measuring spoons
Please note: If you want to make lip care products during this workshop, you’ll need to purchase a Botanical Lip Care Maker’s Kit. It contains all of the ingredients and containers you’ll need, and nearly all of the tools, too! You can absolutely take this workshop without purchasing a Maker’s Kit. Maybe you’re the kind of learner who wants to absorb information first, and put it into practice later. That’s cool! You can always grab a Maker’s Kit separately whenever you’re ready to get mixin’.