The Botanical Skincare Maker's Bundle
This is the ultimate deal, lifetime access to all 7 of our signature skincare workshops bundled together for one great price!
This course will give you the confidence to make gorgeous, all-natural, botanically-infused skincare products with ease. You will master all the basic formulations for Body, Lips, Face & Hair.
Module 1: How to Make Herbal Infused Oils Learn a foundational skill for making herbal products!
Herbal infused oils serve as a plant-powered base for the botanical products you will make throughout this course. This lesson will teach you how to make beautiful herbal infused oils to amplify the benefits of all your handmade herbal products. In this lesson you’ll learn:
- The medicinal uses and benefits of different herbs for topical application
- How to make dry plant material vs. fresh plants infusions
- Two different methods for calculating herb-to-oil ratios
- Two different methods for infusing herbs into oil
Module 2: How to Make Medicinal Salves & Balms Learn how to make oil-based topicals that pack a plant-powered punch!
Herbal salves and balms are foundational topical preparations for any herbal medicine maker. These semi-solid remedies use a combination of herbal oils and natural waxes or butters to create potent, shelf-stable products that can be used to soothe and hydrate the skin, promote tissue repair and wound healing, reduce pain, and more. In this lesson you'll learn:
- What are salves & balms? And what’s the difference
- How to make medicinal salves & balms from start to finish
- How to properly dilute essential oils for safe topical application
- Specific actions and indications for a variety of herbs and essential oils to promote skin repair, pain relief, relaxation, and more
Module 3: How to Make Botanical Lip Care Products Learn how to make your own products for a multi-step lip care protocol that leaves you scrubbed, smooth, and shining.
You’ll never grab a tube of lip balm in line at check out again! Learn how to make your own lip scrub, lip balm and lip gloss using simple, nourishing ingredients. And explore the world of botanical cosmetics as we use herbs, micas and oxides to create natural pigments for the lips. In this lesson you will learn:
- How to make lip scrubs, lip balms and lip gloss from start to finish
- The benefits and uses of different oils, waxes, and humectants for lip care
- How to incorporate skin-soothing herbs into your lip care preparations
- How to use natural pigments to add color, depth, and drama to your lip products
Module 4: How to Make Body Butters & Lotion Bars Learn to make luxurious body butters and lotion bars to keep your skin hydrated, soft, and soothed.
Learn how to create rich, oil-based, botanical-powered formulas to keep skin happy and healthy. Once you master our whipped body butter recipe, you’ll be hooked. And our lotion bar recipe will help you embrace simple ingredients with no packaging. In this lesson you'll learn:
- What are body butters & lotion bars? What’s the difference?
- Basic ratios of butters, oils and waxes for making oil-based moisturizers.
- How to make whipped body butters with the method we use in our own Apothecary.
- How to make lotion bars using simple, nourishing ingredients.
Module 5: How to Make Lotions & Creams Learn how to make your own decadent lotions & creams with a short ingredient list and long-lasting benefits.
Our small-batch, handmade lotions and creams are among our best selling products at the Little Herbal Apothecary. Over the years, we’ve dialed in recipes that our customers love; we know you’ll love them, too. A short ingredients list for this water-based preparation means you can feel good about what you put on your body’s largest organ - your skin! In this lesson you'll learn:
- What are lotions & creams? And what’s the difference!
- In-depth step-by-step process for making lotions & creams using our Master Recipes (bonus: these can serve as a blueprint for your own lotion & cream formulas in the future)
- Discover and demystify unique ingredients that are essential components of lotions & creams: preservatives, antioxidants, emulsifiers, and humectants
Module 6: How to Make Botanical Facial Care Products Create an incredible spa experience at home using herbs, essential oils, and other simple, clean, nourishing ingredients. This is facial care like no other.
Clean, natural facial care is our passion at the Little Herbal Apothecary. After over a decade of experience and exploration in the world of botanical facial care, we’ve nailed down some tried-and-true recipes that will leave your skin balanced and radiant. Build a facial regime for your skin type that’s sustainable long term. Ditch the ingredients that you can’t pronounce - let’s get you glowing! In this lesson you'll learn:
- An herbalist’s approach to holistic facial care.
- How, why, & how often to use cleansers, masks, toners, steams, and serums
- How to make your own exfoliating scrubs and cleansing balms, botanical toners, herbal facial steams, nourishing serums, and clarifying masks from start to finish
- The benefits of different herbs, essential oils, and other ingredients for different skin types and various skincare goals
Module 7: How to Make Botanical Hair Care Products Learn how to make your own solid shampoos and conditioners that are good for your hair and for the Earth!
Shampoos and conditioners are often full of mysterious and sometimes even harmful ingredients. This workshop will empower you to make your own safe, simple, and nourishing shampoos and conditioners that really work. (Trust us - our hair has never looked better!) In this lesson you'll learn:
- The basics of hair anatomy and hair chemistry
- The benefits and uses of medicinal herbs for hair care
- How to use sulfate-free surfactants that are made from coconut oil
- How to make solid shampoo and conditioner bars that use zero packaging and lessen your environmental impact
- How to make dry shampoo and leave-in conditioning balm
In This Workshop Bundle You Will Receive
- Lifetime access to entire video series via Thinkific
- A PDF handout for each lesson with the complete notes including step-by-step instructions and recipes that you’ll want to make again and again.
- A PDF glossary of ingredients for each lesson detailing all of the ingredients used in the recipes.
- The ability to start discussions with and ask questions of your instructors and other participating students.
For an immersive, hands-on experience, you can purchase Maker's Kits to go along with any of the lessons in this series. If you don't have kits, you can purchase them here.