Body Butters & Lotion Bars Workshop
- Nourish - Moisturize - Soothe
Learn to make luxurious body butters and lotion bars to keep your skin hydrated, soft, and soothed.
Learn how to create rich, *oil-based, botanical-powered formulas to keep skin happy and healthy. Once you master our whipped body butter recipe, you’ll be hooked. And our lotion bar recipe will help you embrace simple ingredients with no packaging.
- What are body butters & lotion bars? What’s the difference?
- Basic ratios of butters, oils and waxes for making different preparations (bonus: you can use these ratios as a blueprint to build your own formulas)
- How to make whipped body butters with the method we use in our own Apothecary’s production process
- How to make lotion bars using simple, nourishing ingredients
- Lifetime access to this recorded workshop via Thinkific
- A PDF of the complete notes from this workshop, including step-by-step instructions, and a bunch of different butter & bar recipes
- A PDF Ingredients Glossary which breaks down the specific uses and benefits of each ingredient used in these recipes, including the carrier oils, butters, and essential oils
You’ll Make (with Body Butters & Lotion Bars Maker’s Kit):
- Whipped Forest Body Butter, two 6oz jars
- Soothe Lotion Bar
- Body Butters & Lotion Bars Maker’s Kit (link)
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Small saucepan and access to your stovetop
- Spatula and spoons
- Kitchen scale (that measures in grams)
Please note: If you want to make body butters & lotion bars during this workshop, you’ll need to purchase a Body Butters & Lotion Bars Maker’s Kit. It contains all of the ingredients and containers you’ll need, and nearly all of the tools, too! You can absolutely take this workshop without purchasing a Maker’s Kit. Maybe you’re the kind of learner who wants to absorb information first, and put it into practice later. That’s cool! You can always grab a Maker’s Kit separately whenever you’re ready to get mixin’.
*This workshop focuses on oil-based preparations for external use. Want to learn all about water-based preparations like lotions & creams? Try our Lotions & Creams Workshop!